Sunday, May 26, 2013

Horridon Is Still No Joke

  My regular raiding group is in a state of flux, and we went back to ToES for some reason (when I'm DPS, I don't ask, I just DPS). Frustrations are building, and I'm not certain why, but I think we should just be making more attempts on Horridon. It's the only way to progress.

  Last night, we 7-manned Heroic Firelands, and I tagged along as tank. I normally hate doing old content, but it wasn't too bad. We had to do some funny business since we out level the place. Apparently bloodworms are enough to throw off steering on Ryolith, so I couldn't melee the whole time. Smoldering Egg of Millagazor dropped and I won the roll. I still think it was mostly boring.

  Then someone suggested ToT, and I started saying how much I hate that place, since I was back in Cata mode thinking of Tot4W. Nobody liked that place. But they were talking current content, so I was totally on board again. We got our empty slots filled up and went and got Jin'Rokh down pretty quick. We even got 3 good attempts on Horridon before our flasks expired and we called it on account of being so late.

  We were getting to the third gate pretty steady. Raid damage became overwhelming there, especially since I was tanking adds and I'm undergeared (ilevel 488, blue weapon and ring). Being undergeared on a single target isn't too bad, since I only died to Triple Puncture once. More judicious use of my health returns fixed that fast. Getting snap AOE threat is a bit difficult for me though, since using up runes on setting up diseases and Blood Boil spam cuts into my Death Strikes. It was a ranged heavy group, so as usual, it was like herding cats. We can't exactly stack up though. I think I just need to get better at picking up adds. I also need to improve my gear at least 10 ilevels, so more ToT LFR runs are in order, as well as finishing Kirin Tor Offensive for the ring. I could also run ToES LFR a lot and roll on Sha over and over for a chance at a good 2h, but maybe just buying one of the new BoE's would be a more economic use of my time.

No comments:

Post a Comment