Sunday, May 27, 2012

Preparing Professions for Mists: Fact 3.5


Facts 1-3

  To continue just a bit on that last point I made, I want to speculate just a bit on the future of Blackfallow Ink. Right now it is typically the cheapest method of making any glyph other than those using Shimmering Ink (which I continue to be stumped over). In Mists, however, it is expected that the new ink will be the one to trade in for lower level inks, leaving very few outlets for an entire expansion of herbs. Herbalists will still be leveling, so a large supply will be there, with a greatly reduced outlet.


 Blackfallow Ink is used for crafting Adventurer's Journals, level 80 scrolls, Dust of Disappearance, Mysterious Fortune Cards (and Fortune Cookies, by extension), and Glyph of Colossus Smash.

  Adventurer's Journals are somewhat of a novelty, and I don't really know much about them other than what I read on Wowhead. I don't think they will be a consistent outlet for Cata herbs.

  The level 80 Scrolls market is typically flooded off and on by leveling Inscribers, and even then, I don't think it will be a good outlet either.

  Dust of Disappearance is a slow but steady market. It never sells for much, being capped by the vendor at 8g75s (exalted price), maybe a bit more. There is no Mists replacement, so this will continue to be an outlet for Cata herbs.

  Mysterious Fortune Cards are a steady market, though I've never bothered doing all that barking people insist on. I just put them up in various stacks, but use most of them for Fortune Cookies. They're a consistent seller, and I expect them to continue being popular for players leveling through Cata content, just at a reduced pace.

  The Glyph of Colossus Smash intrigues me, as it continues to be the only glyph made with Blackfallow Ink. This may change in Mists, but it has yet to on beta.

  It is my opinion that, given the current outlook, Cata herbs will flood the market in Mists with very little in the way of outlets from Inscription.

  If there are anywhere near as many Alchemists leveling as Herbalists, then that will have a stabilizing effect on the market, but I don't think that will be the case. I think that the impact leveling Alchemists will have on the Cata herbs market in Mists will be smaller even than the Dust of Disappearance market.

  What I'm getting to with all of this is my guess that Blackfallow Ink in any form will be devalued significantly, such that any that you carry over will be an enormous profit loss. Don't get caught with any in the bank!

No comments:

Post a Comment